B.E. | Computer Science & Engineering
CMRIT ranked 32nd among Top 50 pvt. engg. colleges as per BW-ICARE survey 2018
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering has been in existence since the inception of CMRIT in 2000. Given the high demand for Computer Science professionals from industry, the undergraduate program intake has doubled and is now set at 120. The department also offers post-graduate degree programmes in the areas of Computer Science Engineering and Computer Network Engineering, each with a two-year duration. As a recognized research center under VTU, the department also offers Doctoral Programs.
The department aims to provide students with a strong foundational background in Computer Science, whilst enabling them to integrate their knowledge with other disciplines in order to make new and innovative discoveries. Most graduates of the Computer Science Program at CMRIT step directly into career positions in computer science with industry or government, while some choose to continue their education in graduate degree programs.
Accreditation, Approvals and Recognition:
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is approved by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi and AICTE, New Delhi and is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum in Karnataka. It has also been recognized by Govt. of Karnataka.
To be a centre of excellence in Computer Science and Engineering education, producing competent professionals for a successful global career contributing to society.
M1: To build a faculty team with industry and academic exposure, capable of moulding students into competent professionals, supported by adequate computing and software resources.
M2: To prepare students for a global career in computing by enriching the curriculum with a blend of theory and practice.
M3: To develop industry-relevant programming and soft skills through training programmes, vibrant student clubs and student internships.
M4: To engage with industry and institutes of repute and collaborate in academics, research and development, involving faculty and students.
PEO1: To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in engineering, science, technology and an exposure to modern tools, for a successful career in industry, entrepreneurship and computer science research.
PEO2: To produce graduates equipped with knowledge and skills required to analyse, design and develop system solutions for real-world problems.
PEO3: To collaborate with industry and professional societies to produce competent computer science professionals.
PEO4: To nurture communication and project management skills of graduates, for them to be good team players and leaders.
PEO5: To produce graduates who are ethical and socially responsible.
PEO6: To produce graduates who are innovative thinkers and life-long learners.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life–long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life–long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PSO1: Design and develop applications using different stacks of web and programming technologies.
PSO2: Design and develop secure, parallel, distributed, networked, and digital systems.
PSO3: Apply software engineering methods to design, develop, test and manage software systems.
PSO4: Design and develop intelligent applications for business and industry.
The listing of faculty names below provides access to the academic content pages of faculty members in each of the departments. Faculty members at CMRIT are encouraged to maintain academic pages for the courses that they teach. These pages are for the benefit of students, and contain valuable information on course outlines, assignments, study materials etc.
No upcoming events.