B.E. | Computer Science & Engineering
CMRIT got the 116th rank among all engineering colleges in India as per Times Engineering Institutes Survey 2021
Second year student team led by Mr. Pratik Kumar Mishra and mentored by Dr. Priti Gupta has been selected among the Top 100 teams for IICDC 2019 Semi Finals-Phase-1 of DST-Texas instrument (IICDC 2019)
Congratulations to Dr. Ganesh - Assistant Professor, Department of ISE, on being awarded the BEST YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD from Novel Research Academy
Congratulations to SUMA N.G (M.Tech CSE) for securing VTU 1st rank and winning University Gold Medal
Congratulations to Dr. Para Nath Singh for winning Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Excellence Award of Education-2020 award
Congratulations Mr. Siri H R for securing an offer of 23 LPA from Canbright Co. Ltd. (through Zenken)
Congratulations Mr Rahul RD Sahoo(BE-CSE) for securing an offer of ₹21+ LPA from Spacegrab, a Japanese company
Hearty Congratulations to Mr. Ashutosh Bhatte (M.Tech - CSE 2020) for securing a 22 LPA CTC from Synechron Technologies.
The department is a recognized research centre under VTU and offers doctoral programmes in computer sciences. The programme aims to provide students with a strong foundation in Computer Science and enable them to integrate their knowledge with other disciplines for carrying out innovative discoveries.
Many of the computer science graduates from CMRIT step directly into computer-related career positions in both private and government agencies, while some choose to continue their education in graduate degree programs.
Accreditation, Approvals and Recognition:
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is approved by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, and AICTE, New Delhi. It is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum in Karnataka and is also recognized by Govt. of Karnataka.
To be a centre of excellence in Computer Science and Engineering education, and produce competent professionals for a successful global career contributing to society.
PEO1: To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in engineering, science, technology and an exposure to modern tools, for a successful career in industry, entrepreneurship and computer science research.
PEO2: To produce graduates equipped with knowledge and skills required to analyse, design and develop system solutions for real-world problems.
PEO3: To collaborate with industry and professional societies to produce competent computer science professionals.
PEO4: To nurture communication and project management skills of graduates, for them to be good team players and leaders.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PSO1: Design and develop applications using different stacks of web and programming technologies.
PSO2: Design and develop secure, parallel, distributed, networked, and digital systems.
PSO3: Apply software engineering methods to design, develop, test and manage software systems.
PSO4: Design and develop intelligent applications for business and industry.
The listing of faculty names below provides access to the academic content pages of faculty members in each of the departments. Faculty members at CMRIT are encouraged to maintain academic pages for the courses that they teach. These pages are for the benefit of students, and contain valuable information on course outlines, assignments, study materials etc.
No upcoming events.