B.E. | Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Congratulations to SUMA N.G (M.Tech CSE) for securing VTU 1st rank and winning University Gold Medal
Congratulations to Dr. Para Nath Singh for winning Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Excellence Award of Education-2020 award
Congratulations Mr. Siri H R for securing an offer of 23 LPA from Canbright Co. Ltd. (through Zenken)
Congratulations Mr Rahul RD Sahoo(BE-CSE) for securing an offer of ₹21+ LPA from Spacegrab, a Japanese company
Hearty Congratulations to Mr. Ashutosh Bhatte (M.Tech - CSE 2020) for securing a 22 LPA CTC from Synechron Technologies.
CMRIT ranked 32nd among Top 50 pvt. engg. colleges as per BW-ICARE survey 2018
The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science has been established in the year 2021. It offers an undergraduate BE programme under the affiliation of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi.
At CMRIT, we believe in inculcating technical culture among students for betterment of their lives and to face challenges of the competitive world. Our faculty deliver the best learning experiences through practical components by means of experiments, mini-projects, placement training and entrepreneurial projects which will improve Higher Order Thinking of students, whilst supporting outcome-based education.
We prepare and practise high standards of teaching and training to bestow university curriculum upon students. This is also followed by encouragement for lifelong learning through MOOCs, and research.
To perform high in placements and reach targets, various career development programmes, workshops, seminars and hackathons are being conducted throughout the academic year.
A key focus of the department is to bring out the technical talent of the younger generation and mould them holistically such that they face the external world with confidence. Through this, students also imbibe prompt interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
In order to make the students industry ready with competence, we have tied-up with various external industries and conduct activities like field visits, technical talks, and real-time projects to polish students’ technical and soft skills.
To be globally recognized in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science by creating technically sound professionals, and by undertaking high quality research for the betterment of the self and humanity.
1. To empower the students with strong technical talent and to build the adequate facilities for knowledge dissemination.
2. To emphasize on experiential learning in order to churn out graduates with strong domain expertise.
3. To collaborate with industry and top academic institutes in terms of research and academics for acquiring knowledge and build solutions.
PEO1: Graduates would be successful in their profession with strong basics in engineering, science, and technology.
PEO2: Graduates would be able to formulate, analyze, design, develop and test Artificial Intelligence and Data science based solutions for actual business problems.
PEO3: Graduates would be able to follow standard practices in project building and demonstrate valid managerial skills.
PEO4: Graduates would be capable of becoming entrepreneurs/undertaking higher studies.
PEO5: Graduates would be committed to adhere to ethical values and exhibit social responsibility.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, either as a member or leader in a team, to manage projects; and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life–long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life–long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO1: To understand the given problem and formulate smart solutions with fundamental engineering knowledge and appropriate analytical and technical skills.
PSO2: To be able to propose and implement software applications with the concepts of data structures, analysis of algorithms, DBMS, cloud computing and applications, machine learning and data analytics along with related tools and techniques.
PSO3: To build an artificial Intelligence and data visualization base, and secure business solutions by means of Fuzzy logic and its applications. Deploy advanced technical concepts like Deep Learning , Business Intelligence, Blockchain, soft and evolutionary computing and Data Security -Privacy.
PSO4: To apply mathematical notion in computational tasks and software project development to produce quality products.
B.E. | Artificial Intelligence and Data Science