B.E. | Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
CMRIT got the 116th rank among all engineering colleges in India as per Times Engineering Institutes Survey 2021
Second year student team led by Mr. Pratik Kumar Mishra and mentored by Dr. Priti Gupta has been selected among the Top 100 teams for IICDC 2019 Semi Finals-Phase-1 of DST-Texas instrument (IICDC 2019)
Congratulations to Dr. Ganesh - Assistant Professor, Department of ISE, on being awarded the BEST YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD from Novel Research Academy
Congratulations to SUMA N.G (M.Tech CSE) for securing VTU 1st rank and winning University Gold Medal
Congratulations to Dr. Para Nath Singh for winning Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Excellence Award of Education-2020 award
Congratulations Mr. Siri H R for securing an offer of 23 LPA from Canbright Co. Ltd. (through Zenken)
Congratulations Mr Rahul RD Sahoo(BE-CSE) for securing an offer of ₹21+ LPA from Spacegrab, a Japanese company
Hearty Congratulations to Mr. Ashutosh Bhatte (M.Tech - CSE 2020) for securing a 22 LPA CTC from Synechron Technologies.
The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science is established in the year 2021, offers an undergraduate programme BE under the affiliation of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
We, CMRIT believe in inculcating technical culture among students for their betterment in life and to face the challenging and competitive real world outside. Our faculty deliver the best learning content through practical components by means of experiments, miniprojects, placement training and entrepreneurial projects which will improve students Higher Order Thinking and support Outcome Based Education. We prepare and practice a high standard Teaching Learning Process to bestow university curriculum along with the encouragement for lifelong learning through MOOCs, and research. To perform high in placements and reach our targets, various career development programs, workshops, seminars and Hackathons are being conducted throughout the academic year.
The main motto of the department is to bring out the technical talent of the younger generation and mould them holistically in such a way that they face the external world with prompt interpersonal and problem-solving skills. In order to make the students industry ready with complete personality and competency, we improve on tying up with various industry and conduct activities like industry visits, technical talks, and real-time projects to polish the students’ technical and soft skills.
To be globally recognized in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science by creating technically sound professionals and by undertaking high quality research for the betterment of the self and humanity.
1. To empower the students with strong technical talent and to build the adequate facilities for knowledge dissemination.
2. To emphasize on experiential learning in order to produce students with strong domain expertise.
3. To bring out the students with composite personality to get placed in top notch industries and to face the competent outside world.
4. To join in hand with industry and top academic institutes in terms of research and academics for acquiring knowledge and build solutions.
PEO1: Graduate would be successful in their profession with strong basics in engineering, science, and technology.
PEO2: Graduate would be able to formulate, analyze, design, develop and test Artificial Intelligence and Data science based solutions for actual business problems.
PEO3: Graduate would be able to follow standard practices in project building and demonstrate valid managerial skills.
PEO4: Graduate would be capable of becoming an entrepreneur or accomplishing higher studies.
PEO5: Graduate would be committed to adhere ethical values and exhibit social responsibility.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life–long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life–long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO1: To understand the given problem and formulate the smart solutions with fundamental engineering knowledge and appropriate analytical and technical skills.
PSO2: To be able to propose and implement software applications with the concepts of data structures, analysis of algorithms, DBMS, cloud computing and applications, machine learning and data analytics related tools and techniques.
PSO3: To build an artificial Intelligence and data visualization based, secured business solutions by means of Fuzzy logic and its applications, Deep Learning , business Intelligence, Blockchain, soft and evolutionary computing and Data Security and Privacy subjects.
PSO4: To apply mathematical notion in computational tasks and software project development to produce quality products.
B.E. | Artificial Intelligence and Data Science