HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Ragging is a serious offence. Hostilities found indulging in ragging will have to face serious consequences as per the norms of the Institution and the UGC, New Delhi. The matter will be reported immediately to the nearest police station.
- Local Guardian authorized by the parent is mandatory. The local guardian should be at least 35 years of age. The age is relaxed in case the local guardian is the hostelite’s sibling working in Bangalore. The local guardian should continuously monitor the hostelite and respond to the hostel authorities as and when required.
- Parents/Local Guardians and Guests are allowed to meet the hostelite only during the visiting hours. They have to meet the hostelite only in the reception/visitors’ area. The warden’s decision is final and binding with respect to visiting.
- Dress code: Hostelites have to be appropriately dressed while in the hostel premise. Hostelites need to be dressed decently, even though he/she has the liberty of wearing clothes of his/her convenience in one’s own room. Hostelites need to be discreet to not get into issues with the hostel authorities related to the dress code.
- Mobile phones are to be used without causing disturbance to others. The mobile phone must be on silent mode, especially in common areas.
Visitor’s Timing: 5.30 p.m. – 7.00 p.m. (All days)
“Ragging is prohibited and is a criminal offence”
On curbing the menace of Ragging in hostels and campuses of Higher Educational Institutions, it is brought to the notice of all the students that ragging is a criminal offence under UGC Regulations 2009. Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm to a student is Ragging.”
Ragging is completely prohibited in the hostel and on campus at the CMR Institute of Technology.
- Room allotment will be done by the hostel authorities post the full payment of Hostel fees by the hostelite.
- Interchange of rooms is not permitted without seeking prior permission from the hostel authorities.
- Movement of furniture, fixtures, and furnishings is not permitted.
- Lights, fans should be switched off when not in use
- Defacing the walls is not allowed.
- Dustbins are to be utilized to dispose of garbage.
- Coupons are provided to use the laundry facility. Additional coupons can be availed by paying extra fees.
- Drying of clothes on the railing, parapet wall in the corridor, and inside the rooms is not allowed.
- In case of any concerns with his/her roommates, the hostelite must report the matter to the concerned hostel authorities.
- Certain electrical items that pose serious hazards are not permitted to be used in the hostel rooms. Hostelites found using them will have to face serious consequences.
- Food should be taken in the dining hall of the mess. Food should not be carried elsewhere.
- Cooking in the room is not allowed.
- Hostelites are not permitted to order food from outside after 9 p.m.
- Hostelites are not to disturb the peace and tranquility of the hostel environment. Hostelites are to refrain from playing instruments/music with loud volume and watching television, especially during the quiet hours.
Quiet Hours: Monday to Sunday: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Combined studies are permitted only in the common areas. Hostelites are to engage in combined studies without causing any disturbance to fellow hostelites.
- Rooms are to be kept neat and clean at all times. Rooms are to be made available to facilitate housekeeping services as per the schedule.
- In order to ensure the health, safety, and proper conduct of the hostelites, room inspections are carried out periodically.
- Hostelites are to ensure the smooth conduct of this inspection by the hostel authorities as and when it is deemed required. The hostel authorities have the right to confiscate any item that is prohibited.
- Attendance is mandatory for meetings called by the hostel authorities. It is prudent to attend the meeting on time.
Resorting to any of the below mentioned illegal activities would invite severe disciplinary action by the hostel authorities.
- Consumption of illegal drugs
- Consumption of alcohol
- Unauthorized entry to a room.
- Indulging in thievery
- Unlawful gathering
- Indulging in fights
- Vandalism/destruction of public property
- Possession and use of any inflammable/explosive material.
- Any other forms of criminal act or behavior not stated above.
LEAVING THE HOSTEL
A)During the stay:
- Hostelites are allowed to go out of the hostel only on prior permission from the hostel authorities. The hostelite is solely responsible for any untoward incident that might arise during such permitted outside visits.
- Hostelites are not allowed to go out without the permission of the warden from 7.00 pm to 7.00 am.
- Hostelites are allowed to go out on Sundays for personal reasons after obtaining prior written permission from the warden.
- Hostelites should be back in the hostel before 7 p.m. including Sundays.
- Hostelites who are going out for tuition classes, add on courses, project work, internship, etc. should take prior permission from the warden. Requisition application should be signed by the parent/local guardian and Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator and accompanied by necessary supporting documents.
- Hostelites are allowed to visit their local guardians twice a month. Hostelites have to seek prior permission from the warden before each visit.
- Prior permission to be taken from the warden by the hostelite and parents/local guardian to leave the hostel during Short-Term/Mid-Term Vacations. Application for the same should be duly signed by the Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator in the prescribed format and presented to the warden at least a week before the departure.
- At the end of each academic year, the hostelite has to vacate the hostel along with his/her luggage within three days after completion of the examination. If the hostelite wishes to continue to stay in the hostel for the next academic year he/she has to reserve the hostel accommodation by paying a prescribed advance fee which is not refundable.
- Cloakroom facility is provided to keep the belongings while the hostelite is away during the end of the academic year vacation. To avail of this facility, the hostelite will have to present a requisition letter for the same in the prescribed format.
- Prior to vacating the hostel, the warden must be intimated well in advance and the hostel vacating formalities viz. obtaining ‘No Due Certificate’ from the accounts have to be completed.
- The hostelite will have to forfeit his/her full hostel fee if he/she had to leave the hostel in the midst of an academic year due to personal reasons or as a consequence of disciplinary action meted out by the hostel authorities.
- The period of accommodation in the hostel and payment of fees is for an academic year and not for a calendar year.
RE-ADMISSION TO THE HOSTEL
- Hostelites should have 85% of attendance in the preceding academic year.
- Academic performance of 60%, in the preceding academic year without any backlogs.
- Conduct certificate from the Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator.
Conformity to the hostel rules and regulations is mandatory. Any violation will lead to serious consequences. Kindly refrain from any actions that will invite disciplinary actions.
Hostel authorities’ decision is final and binding.