Table of Contents
- What is Data Science?
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Skills required for Data science
- Technical skills to build a career in Artificial intelligence
- Career In Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Future prospects in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Course at CMR IT
- Career Opportunities After Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Course Completion
- Eligibility Criteria
- Placement at CMR IT
- Why CMR IT?
With digital advancement, data science and artificial Intelligence have become an essential part of our lives as a whole. While both are fields of computer science, there is a world of differences between these two. Before delving into the differences between data science and artificial intelligence, we’ll understand what each of them is all about.
What is Data Science?
Data science is the extraction of relevant information from unstructured data. It is an amalgamation of various fields of computer science, statistics, scientific processes, and methodologies to analyze the raw data points and draw useful insights.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence comprises a collection of complicated computer algorithms that imitate human intelligence. It involves human speech recognition, translations, image recognition, and more that help in the decision-making process.
Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science aims to analyze massive data for analytics as well as visualization. On the other hand, artificial intelligence makes use of a predictive model to anticipate future occurrences.
- Data Science uses different statistical tools, whereas artificial intelligence uses computer algorithms.
- Data Science looks for patterns in data that aid in making well-informed decisions. Artificial intelligence imposes human-like intelligence on machines using data that enables them to respond just like humans do.
- The tools used in data science are SPSS, SAS, Keras, R, Python, etc. Artificial intelligence uses tools, like Mahout, Shogun, Caffe, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Data science is dominantly used in search engines, like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc. Artificial intelligence applications are used in various industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, transport, automation, etc.
Skills required for data science associate job roles are:
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Programming skills in languages like C, C++, Python, and R
- Experience in risk analysis, data reporting, and visualization
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of data structures and data warehousing
Some must-have technical skills to build a career in Artificial intelligence:
- Knowledge of data evaluation and data modeling
- Programming skills in languages, like C++, Python, or Java
- Experience in probability and statistics
- Understanding of distributed computing
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
Career In Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Data Science is a 21st-century skill that attracts technology enthusiasts who want to make sense of the world by collecting and interpreting sets of information. A degree from the best Data Science Colleges in India can offer competitive job opportunities. Some of the top-most data science job opportunities include:
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Business Analyst
Just like data science, even artificial intelligence field has a wide range of job roles with high salaries available in top organizations after passing out from reputed B. Tech Artificial Intelligence Colleges in Bangalore. A few of these roles are:
- Data Scientist
- Robotics Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Big Data Engineer
- Software Developer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- AI Research Scientist
Future prospects in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Data Science is used in every exchange and interaction in the technological domains, be it Facebook/Instagram feed, Amazon purchases, Netflix suggestions, or even facial or finger recognition features provided by phones. Artificial intelligence also promises to deliver some of the most substantial innovations of this century. Robotic assistants, self-driving cars, and automated disease diagnosis are all results of this emerging revolution that will reshape our future. Artificial intelligence has impacted society in numerous ways and will continue to do so in the coming time.
Although Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are different subjects, they are studied as components of the same IT industry. Data scientists builds machine learning models using the trends , patterns and data in an Integrated Development Environment, while an AI engineer builds a physical version of the model built by data scientists and brings them together with the end product. To put in simple words, if AI is considered the hardware, then Data Science can be considered as the software that operates with AI.
If you’re interested in a career in data science or artificial intelligence, CMR IT’s Engineering in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Course in Bangalore is a great starting point to get you equipped with the in-demand skills and launch you into the tech industry. Established in 2000, The CMRIT caters to the rapidly growing needs of technology professionals by nurturing their minds in an innovative learning environment.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Course at CMR ITThe course duration of B.E. Artificial Intelligence & Data Science is of 4 years with overall 8 semesters. In CMR IT, you will learn how to design, create and implement Data science and Artificial intelligence-based solutions to solve actual business problems. The students will explore concepts like Data Analytics, Data visualization, Data Security and Privacy, Machine Learning, Blockchain Technologies, semantic web, and social network analytics.
Career Opportunities After Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Course Completion
The students will be able to design and develop smart business applications to solve different industrial problems. They can use the open source technologies and latest tools to recommend the required solutions. These graduates can display their domain knowledge in computer hardware, networking, data handling, knowledge extraction, mobile and distributed application development, intelligence web/eCommerce development, training, and decision support systems using artificial intelligence and data science tools and techniques. They can also figure out how to evaluate the proficient, ethical, and social standards of engineering practices.
- The candidate should have passed the 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent Exam with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computers (40% for Karnataka reserved category candidates).
- Candidate must also qualify in one of the following entrance exams:- CET/ COMED-K/JEE/AIEEE
Placement at CMR IT
CMRIT has an excellent placement record. Our applied learning practices and strong industry connections prepare the students completely for their workplace and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real-world context.
Why CMR IT?
- NAAC A+ accredited, ranked 9th in Karnataka and 40th in India by Education World.
- All necessary infrastructure to cater to the needs of the programmes
- Experienced and well-qualified faculty to guide the students
- Students, faculty, and college guests can connect to the internet with high bandwidth Wi-Fi from any corner of the campus.
- Mutually-beneficial programmes in collaboration with industries, and individuals of national and international repute.
- Employability of every student through certifications, projects, internships, training, expert talks, workshops, and more.
- Support and guidance for all the students in meeting their career goals through Company Internships, Mentoring for higher studies, Industry Job Placements, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Activities, etc.
- Students can access the on-campus Centers of Excellence created through CMR IT’s industry partnerships and alliances to complete projects that enable them to work with the latest technologies.
- Scholarships are awarded to deserving students based on merit/means/demonstrated leadership or sports abilities
- Opportunities to connect with fellow graduates from around the world and build links that can be leveraged personally and professionally
Skilled Data science and Artificial intelligence engineers are in high demand everywhere. With a solid foundation in these emerging technologies, you will have a wealth of career opportunities. So, enroll in the Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Engineering Course at CMR IT, one of the best engineering universities in Bangalore to master these technologies and give an edge to your career. To learn more about BE in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Course at CMR IT, visit https://www.cmrit.ac.in