The department is a recognized research centre under VTU and offers doctoral programmes in computer sciences. The programme aims to provide students with a strong foundation in Computer Science and enable them to integrate their knowledge with other disciplines for carrying out innovative discoveries.
Many of the computer science graduates from CMRIT step directly into computer-related career positions in both private and government agencies, while some choose to continue their education in graduate degree programmes.
Accreditation, Approvals and Recognition:
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is approved by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, and AICTE, New Delhi. It is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum in Karnataka and is also recognized by Govt. of Karnataka.
PEO1: To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in engineering, science, technology and an exposure to modern tools, for a successful career in industry, entrepreneurship and computer science research.
PEO2: To produce graduates equipped with knowledge and skills required to analyse, design and develop system solutions for real-world problems.
PEO3: To collaborate with industry and professional societies to produce competent computer science professionals.
PEO4: To nurture communication and project management skills of graduates, for them to be good team players and leaders.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PSO1: Design and develop applications using different stacks of web and programming technologies.
PSO2: Design and develop secure, parallel, distributed, networked, and digital systems.
PSO3: Apply software engineering methods to design, develop, test and manage software systems.
PSO4: Design and develop intelligent applications for business and industry.