Engineering has been and continues to be one of the most popular undergraduate courses for Indian students. As per The Times of India, more than 11 lakh students have appeared for the JEE Main entrance exam this year. This validates the popularity of this field of education and professional choice among students. The State Common Entrance Exam or the CET is another avenue for students to get admitted to reputed state universities for engineering courses. In this context, it becomes crucial to select the best fit and the most appropriate institution and seek admission in engineering college that helps one to emerge with skills, knowledge and aptitude that helps one become successful in later years. The basic steps that a student can follow to land a seat in a college are:
- Sit for the admission exams like JEE or CET – these exams check the readiness of the student to be able to tackle the rigours of the engineering curriculum and also make the students aware of their areas of strength in numerical, logical, and analytical areas.
- Attend the counselling session – the cet or JEE boards suggest and offer particular streams of engineering like mechanical, civil, biotechnological or information technology based on student scores in JEE or CET. This is to ensure that the students’ take up specialisations that match their innate abilities
- Select the college – From among the colleges that offer the engineering specialisation that a student wants, he can choose the one that matches his criteria for admission. The selection can be based upon factors like location, subjects on offer within the curriculum, accreditation, scholarships on offer, campus facilities, and fee structure.
Based on these factors, among the top engineering universities and colleges in Bangalore, CMRIT is the ideal study choice for students. Affiliated with the Visvesvaraya Technological University we are proud to offer our students the following:
- Futuristic Curriculum – developed in consultation with the industry, our engineering curriculums are updated for the latest developments in the field of engineering, have experiential and practical components, internships and research incorporated in them. This gives the students job-worthy expertise as they graduate. We offer many specialist tracks within engineering such as Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Engineering etc.
- Faculty – Our faculty members have been drawn from among the best minds in academic, research and industry, and bring their real-life insights into the pedagogical traditions at CMR IT. They also guide and mentor students in their research work. Many of them are highly regarded for their research and industry consultation projects, which bring in their real life insights into their teaching.
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure – The engineering labs are fitted with the latest equipment, tech tools and computer-enabled platforms so that the students work with the instruments that are available in good institutions around the world and become competitive on a global scale. Other student support systems like a digitally equipped library, career services mentoring, student engineering clubs, industry visits and invited professional talks complete our plethora of academic offerings.
- Job Placements – Each year we organise campus placement sessions and also organise career fairs where students can network with prospective recruiters. We have a high placement percentage and 95% of our students get placed with good companies in India and overseas on highly competitive salaries. Some of the top recruiters for our students have been Accenture, HCL, UnSchool, Wipro, PwC and CareerNet.
To know more about our educational ethos, get a first-hand understanding of our campus and interact with our faculty, administrative staff and the senior researchers, we invite parents and students to attend our open day. On this day you can tour the campus and see the facilities, ask your queries and satisfy yourself with the excellence of our vision that prepares students for professional success and global citizenry.