Be it Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, it has now acquired a position in the theoretical and applied sciences. To everyone’s surprise, it is a widespread phenomenon, even in the arts. With its growing prominence in the fields of research, design, and innovation, Artificial Intelligence is constantly redefining engineering across various domains.
With other areas leveraging AI’s capabilities, including engineers, some of the best institutions across the world are redefining the curricula to ensure that engineering students are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to work with AI technologies.
Evolution of Engineering Education Since the Introduction of AI
- Integrating AI courses: These courses include fundamental concepts of machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and AI ethics. Students will learn about AI’s principles, algorithms, and practical applications. This helps them become more confident and knowledgeable in the field.
- Practical Experience: Curricula now include more hands-on projects related to AI, allowing students to apply their theoretical knowledge to real-world problems. This often includes working with AI frameworks and tools. CMRIT also conducts various workshops, seminars, and hackathons to help students gain hands-on experience in AI.
- Industry Collaborations: CMRIT Institute Industry Connect Cell (IICC) introduces programs that form partnerships with AI companies and organizations. This provides students with opportunities for internships, research collaborations, and exposure to real-world AI applications.
- Improve Adaptability: AI makes new strides every ten days, and engineers must be prepared to update their skills and knowledge continuously. As a result, CMRIT frequently updates the curriculum and extra credit courses while improving students’ adaptability skills and helping them become lifelong learners.
- Enhanced Learning Strategies: Students are guided to enhance their learning strategies through AI’s creative and ethical use. For instance, children are presented with problem statements and encouraged to devise solutions that serve the interests of a specific industry or business and positively impact society as a whole.
Engineers are leveraging AI’s capabilities to revolutionise traditional engineering practices and open up new horizons in the following ways:
- Design and simulation to optimise and generate countless design options
- To diagnose disease and improve treatment plans for accuracy and efficiency.
- Developing intelligent chatbots and virtual assistants for enhanced communication
- Detection and response to real-time threats make network data more secure.
- Enabling autonomous spacecraft navigation, image analysis, and data processing for scientific discoveries.
The recent emergence of big data, machine learning, robotics, and artificial intelligence in every industry has brought forth the necessity for a new era of skills. In this tech-driven landscape, skills such as ‘data literacy,’ ‘computational thinking,’ and ‘AI literacy’ are becoming increasingly vital. Companies are investing in AI-driven technologies to automate processes, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. The demand for these competencies is reshaping education and workforce upskilling, which has enabled individuals to thrive in a data-rich, automated,and AI-augmented world.
CMR Institution of Technology admissions are now open, along with the doors to a future where engineering education meets the cutting edge of technology. With AI at the forefront, our institution is committed to equipping students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel in this transformative landscape. Join us to embark on a journey where you will redefine engineering, shape the future, and become part of AI and technology’s innovative solutions. Your gateway to a promising tomorrow awaits at CMRIT!
Join the AI revolution and explore the endless possibilities it brings to engineering and beyond. Enrol with us today!